Friday, February 14, 2014

Ephesians 4:1-6

I found a verse in this that I think married folk and single can learn from.  There's also some very good things we can all take away. 

1.  "Therefore I Paul, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God."  Stop for a moment!  Look around you!  You think you're having a bad day Paul was in jail but look at what he is doing he's encouraging people.  Recently I started helping this group of trainees at my job and one of them panics.  I have to make myself calm down and remind them "It's going to be alright."  In Acts Paul had a friend Barnabas who was an encourager I think some of those skills rubbed off on Paul because his books are full of encouragement. 
2.  "Always be humble and gentle.  Be patient with each other making allowance for each other's faults because of your love."  All you singles pay attention for a minute learn to live this verse with others around you and then you will be able to interact with a spouse.  Married folk learn this verse and live it out.  In almost 2 yrs of marriage I have learned love and forgiveness go hand in hand.  You and your spouse have faults and you interact with them in close proximity and you need to do so in love.  Sometimes that means humbling yourself and shutting up.  Many times I have prayed "God please shut me up so I don't say the wrong thing to my wife." 
3.  "Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the spirit binding yourselves together with peace."  When you meet with believers check your ego at the door it's not about you but the one who gave his life for you. 
4.  "For there is one body and one spirit just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future."  Maybe you're like me and you need to be reminded there is a hope in the future and God has called me.  It's a gentle beautiful reminder sometimes we all need. 
5-6.  "There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all."

Taking us all the way back to Skateland West for Christian Skate Night with this song.  one of the most requested songs by me.  In the Kingdom by Whitecross https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyHhBV28e48   

For all the married folk.  Go there with you by Steven Curtis Chapman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDe0OjjPLbs

Since this is a Valentine's edition of the Batcave blog I'm going to add a little more love songs.  This was played at the end of my wedding.  If you could see what I see by Geoff Moore and the Distance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmRmEKTbN4

This was Marion's bridal march.  for those who are married remind your spouse you love them. 
You're the Reason by Victoria Justice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kltwYSwtXQ

A cry for unity in God's people.  Make us one by Twila Paris.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSp6T9WLPl8


We fall down by Chris Tomlin and Steven Curtis Chapman    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWItCM-ujKs

No comments:

Post a Comment