Friday, February 7, 2014

Ephesians 3:14-21

  Some of you that read this bible study are part of Real Life Corpus some are not.  Towards the end of December Pastor Micah asked us to think about 3 people to commit to pray for,  I honestly started with 3 but I didn't stay there.  Each night before I sleep I have been praying specifically for some people.  There's a group of men in my life and I include myself in this asking God to turn me, Jason, Greg, David, Clyde and Chris into the men of God he wants us to be.  Then I pray asking God to grow Marion, Rebecca and Bridgett into the women of God he desires them to be.  Before this bible study Marion and I pray together for those who will read it.  In the verse we are looking at this week I found a prayer of the Apostle Paul.  I found it to be quite beautiful. 

14-15.  "When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father the Creator of everything in Heaven and on Earth."  I love the image of Paul being so overwhelmed by God he falls on his knees in prayer. 
16.  "I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower, you with inner strength through his Spirit."  I like the term inner strength here.  talking to customers all day drains you eventually I often ask God to calm me and give me strength to go on. 
17.  "Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.  Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong."  When I read about the roots mentioned in this it reminded me of something.  Read Psalms chapter 1 and look for how roots and God's word works together. 
18.  "And may you have the power to understand as all God's people should, How wide, how long, how high and how deep his love is."  Wow just wow!
19.  "may you experience the love of Christ though it is too great to understand fully, then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."  As a lifegroup leader I long for the people I know to be swept away by God's love.
20.  "Now all glory to God, who is able through his mighty power at work within us to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."  I'm going to stop for a moment and brag on God here.  Most people who are part of this lifegroup see their own little world.  two and a half years ago I approached Pastor Greg, my Dad, Stephanie, Bethany and Chris about the idea of a lifegroup for people who work nights.  I got pushed into being the leader not knowing how to teach my way out of a paper bag.  it started with 2 people.  Then a friend got me to share it in an e-mail.  Today that same bible study is online shared on facebook and google.  It's going to multiple parts of the US and just was read in Oregon by Ken Luna.  It's going to many parts of Texas, Illinois and Florida via blog and e-mail.  as of this week 2 people were added to the e-mail portion making it 33 people the e-mail goes to.  I don't understand how or why.  God has used this in ways I've never dreamed of.  Each week I ask God to provide the words he wants said.  I have had friends share and refer the bible study to others.  God gets all the glory not Zac.
21.  "Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever amen."  God placed me in a church where people thought God could use an online bible study and he did and still does. 


I will rise by Chris Tomlin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8w7mGug0c

You won't relent/ All consuming fire by Misty Edwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRiT9Ds4ch4

Love of Christ by Point of Grace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENSm29eIBJw

In Verse 17 it talked about God making your heart his home and as I was getting this ready this was the song that came to mind.My heart your home by Watermark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOSrSVghKDY   

1 comment:

  1. You're right my friend; it is truly amazing as to what God will do. He has no boundaries so the Internet is as good of a place as any for Him to show up. The power of prayer is often underestimated or overlooked by us Christians. I feel that the root of this issue is that often we are too impatient and resort to taking matters into our own hands on our own schedule. When you think about it that is very silly. You would not dare to perform surgery on yourself. You would not dare to fly a 747 by yourself. Yet we dare to attempt take control of situations from an All Powerful God..... How silly! This is not to imply that we should sit on our couch and wait for a miracle. God doesn't need to do everything for us. However we need Him to take His scalpel and remove our sin as we need Him to pilot our lives.

    ReplyDelete