Friday, April 12, 2013

Psalms 119:97-112

This week has been very rough for me. Seems as if every other day i struggle with words. i work with someone who is very anti-God and that person seems to go out of their way to say hurtful things about Christianity. At times i have to remind myself God is big enough to defend himself and i need to keep my eyes on Him. I've also had some rough calls at work to the point i got in my car to go home and began praying because i didn't want to take that anger home to my wife or dog. i hope you learn from these verses as i need to as well.

Psalms 119:97-112

97-102. Keep your eyes fixed on God and let Him teach you and give you peace. see also Hebrews 12:1-4
103. "How sweet your words taste to me, they are sweeter than honey." Marion and i have called ourselves Food Ninjas and when we get hungry we want good food. Recently we went to Longhorn Steak and Ale and had the best meal ever. As a Christian coming to God's word should be your best and most important meal.
104. God's commands give understanding they expose falsehood.
105. "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." There's a few ways i can relate this verse. I read a lot of Forgotten Realms fantasy fiction and they describe dwarves as having the inate ability to navigate any underground passage. we don't have that. God's word is our lamp he is our guide. "Jesus told him, I am the way the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me" Thru God's word we have the inate ability to navigate treacherous places. When Marion and i had our first date she asked to hold my arm because she is legally blind. I became her guide. we're like that we need to take God's arm and let Him guide us because we're clueless as to where we're going. He calls us sheep for a reason.
106. The psalmist promises to obey God. Keep that promise to obey.
107. He will rescue you He promised. Like Kerrie Roberts reminds us "Don't give up, don't give in, don't look back, don't let go you are not done yet."
108-112. Don't quit.

Keep Breathing even when things seem bad it's simple to say but it's harder than that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbDuM-f36Hs Keep Breathing by Kerrie Roberts This is Thy Word by Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8dO3VVayw never forget this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2exW2cUdC4 God is Able by Hillsong when you have a bad day remember this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WLqoazcuk Stronger by Hillsong United

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing and using your experience coupled with the sure knowledge that we all go through this to share this entry with the passages that can help remind us of our path and not to give up and stray from it. I love how you relate some to Forgotten Realm books I used to ALWAYS read fantasy books - and although I never played the games I read the books RA Salvatore for one - lol going to have to buy some for kindle - maybe the Ice ind trilogy and refresh my memory.

    BTW I try to eat healthy as well! I have some health challenges and believe just about everything can be cured through diet - and have added to my healthy regime by taking things away like gluten. I love the term Food Ninjas as I use warriors alot in my thinking. Even warriors of love. Which is why I love how Micah said once in one of the talks that a disciple of Real Life can be recognized because of their love. Something close to that.

    When we think of warriors, we think of strength and bravery and what takes more strength and sheer bravery then to open ourselves and be vulnerable - thats Love. What takes more strength then to Love those so hard to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn I can't go back to edit to fix the wording of that first sentence. lol.

      Delete