Friday, January 19, 2024

Short and to the point

Short and to the point

 

Been working through books in the New Testament lately and sometimes it’s one verse that gets my attention.  This will be one of my shortest blogs ever but maybe someone else needs it.  I spent most of 2023 praying for a sense of purpose and hope.  Early this morning I read this one verse and I needed it. 

 

First Timothy 1:1

“This Letter is from Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, appointed by the command of God our savior and Christ Jesus, who gives us Hope.” 

I needed that reminder that God gives us hope and maybe you need it to. 

The other night I was sitting in my easy chair playing video games listening to my mp3 player and I heard this song. I had never really paid attention to the lyrics before but I’m going to share the chorus here with you because there is someone who needs it possibly as much as I did.  This is just spur of the moment I’m off work at the moment and I picked up my Bible and started reading and I truly believe someone else needs this.  This is from the song Carry the Light by Mark Harris. If the name is familiar to some of you it’s because you may have been fans of the group 4 Him. 

I stand on Your promise
Your love is forever
And I believe with all my heart
You are my one and only Savior
You are the calm when my world falls apart
And to the ends of the earth
And for the rest of my life
I'll carry the light”

 

 

 

Carry the Light by Mark Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment