Thursday, December 7, 2023

Not Forsaken

 

Not forsaken 

 

There’s a level of rejection most will never experience the way I and some others who have had a spouse leave them experience.  In all honesty I struggled with feeling like God had forsaken me too.  It causes you to doubt any love.  I had to be reminded of the sovereignty of God and how nothing that happened to me caught God off guard and he still loves me.  There are chapters in the Bible like Psalm 139 and Romans 8 that I run to for comfort when battling those thoughts.  I don’t always get it right, but I try.  If you ever feel forsaken or rejected or unloved seek God.  I’m about to give you a passage of verses to make you take heart.  See at one point I was told to heal in private but let me say this if God can use me to teach or help someone else with what I’ve been through I would rather share it than just keep it to myself.  I’m the least important part of this blog thing it’s all about sharing God’s Word.  But if you need an update of where I’m at with all of that first I’m going to share a poem of where I’m at.  This is something I’m calling Content of Sorts

 

Content of sorts

 

I’m at a place in my life

Physical needs

Are met

Emotional not so much

Happy to be alive

Happy to have family and friends 

So loved by my dog

Simply here

God has given me a day to live

I’m content of sorts

I still long for a relationship 

I can’t make it happen 

But I can 

Be just me

I’m the pro wrestling, video game, comic book fan

Somehow my niece thinks I’m cool

I don’t see it but 

“There’s always another day.”

I live a weird schedule. 

I try to be the best me I can.

I’m just content of sorts.

I’ve battled depression and rejection but today it’s an ok day.

I’m fine with that.  

 

And for those who may feel forsaken I want to remind you what God’s word says about you and me.

 

Psalm 103:8-18

 

“The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.  He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sin deserves or repay us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him.  As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.  As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.  As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more.  But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear Him, and his righteousness with their children’s children— with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.”  

 

If you doubt God’s love or think he has forsaken, keep reading his word.  I’ve had to.  We need his assurances.  

 

"We are loved beyond our ability to comprehend" Jewel


God Loves you and cares for you

Mighty to save by Laura Story

10,000 reasons by Jesus Culture 

Hand on my shoulder by Sandi Patti

By your Side by Tenth Avenue North

My Jesus by Crowder and Anne Wilson

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment