Monday, October 16, 2023

Help People

 

Help people. 

 

Sometimes you have to remember things that drive and fuel you as a person.  Multiple times in my work life I have seen employees get hired and for some reason or another weird things happen where they get overlooked as far as training.  It’s been happening around me again lately.  I was having a conversation with a friend about this, and it reminded me of the fact that I’m still passionate about helping people.  I don’t have as many people I come in contact with now that I’m single and alone.  Years ago, I had a teacher in college who made me aware of two verses that I will share momentarily.  I strongly believe God has us interacting with the people in our lives.  Recently I have been trying to find a church that will work for me as far as Wednesday night services and I went to one and no one even spoke to me which is sad.  Until you are single and only live with a dog you have no idea how much you miss interaction with others.  I have a pillowcase I bought on Amazon with Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars the Clone Wars on it and it has a quote that I read again recently and I shared it with a friend because it sums me up.  “In my life, when you find people who need your help you help them, no matter what.”  Whether it’s a new trainee at work, a friend, a family member or wait staff at a restaurant.  Be helpful!  Here’s the verses I mentioned.  

 

Galatians 6:9-10

 

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”  

 

I have a restaurant I frequent, and they got busy one day while I was there I asked one of the waitresses.  “Do you want me to go take those menus and put them up for you?”  It can be something simple you do to help someone else.  I help take out the garbage at work and if my dispatcher prints something I go to the printer and get it and hand it to them.  If new trainee needs help, I make sure to help them.  Not everything is about you.  Some people need a small gesture of kindness more than you know I know this because I’m one of those people.  Recently I posted on Facebook that I really needed a bookmark because I was using a plastic disposable knife for a bookmark.  My cousin bought some on Amazon and mailed them to me and another friend who is a librarian said she is sending me some.  My mom recently brought me homemade soup so I wouldn’t have to take boring sandwiches to work.  These are little things that mean so much to me.  I had a friend use a coupon and buy me the energy drinks I like.  I paid her back of course but I appreciated it.  My friend and I both collect different action figures and recently I went to a store and found one he had been searching for, for quite some time and I bought it he came by my house and paid me for it and he was very grateful.  Years ago, I read this series of books, and the main character was given a gift and he had never known friendships or kindness and he was confused.  The friend he was with told him this.  “We do not view friendship as a gift to be repaid.”  It works with kindness to others also.  Don’t worry about needing repayment, be kind because it’s the right thing to do and you make a difference in other people.  There’s someone in your life that God has you near them to show them kindness and you may never realize just how much they need it.  

 

Steven Curtis Chapman said it best in his song called Meant To Be

“You were meant to be touching.

 The lives that you touch.

And meant to be here.

Making this world so much more

Than it would be without you in it.”

 

Help people. Be kind.  We are all dealing with stuff and need kindness shown to us.  

 

Meant to be by Steven Curtis Chapman 

Human by Natalie Grant and Jordin Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment