Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Moments

Moments 

 

 

Recently I was watching the online service for First Baptist Corpus and they had a recap of the year.  One thing that hit me is they talked a lot about the small moments and interactions we have with people and how simple things mean so much to someone else.  It really made me think.  I have a lot of friends who are former wait staff. We would not be friends had I not stopped and treated them like a person who mattered.  Been praying a lot lately for God to give me a sense of purpose in my life.  I just feel like I work and pay bills, breathe, and eat and sleep.  I want to cause people to have moments and know they matter to someone else.  If it’s a kind word or gift, I want to be that person.  Compliment your server.  I saw so much on Facebook about being nice to retail workers at Christmas but why only then? 

 

We need to be better at our interactions.  

 

Ephesians 4:32

 

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”  

 

Ephesians 5:19-20 

 

“Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.  Sing and make music in your hearts to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”  

 

I want to be different in my moments and interactions.   

 

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

 

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.”  

 

My friend Hope recently reminded me that other people watch our struggles and need to know how we made it through and that’s why sharing what God has done in us matters so much.  I’ve been going through a lot of emotional issues lately and I was very honest with my men’s group that I meet with and told them with all I’ve been through lately there are times I look at the sky and say.  “Lord, if you can hold all this together, I believe you can heal my heart.”  I also told them that one of the hardest things for me some days is just to listen a devotional on Youversion or pick up my Bible and read it but I know it’s the only way I can heal with God’s help.  

 

I don’t know what you struggle with but seek God and treat others better this year.  

 

More than anything by Point of Grace 

Friends by Michael W Smith

Circle of Friends by Point of Grace and Kenny Rogers

Live to Tell by Geoff Moore and the Distance 

Dare 2 B Different by DeGarmo and Key


No comments:

Post a Comment