Thursday, July 7, 2022

Rescue Plan

 

Rescue plan

 

Gonna start this blog with a quote most normal sci fi fans are familiar with.  “I’m Luke Skywalker I’m to rescue you.”  

 

I’ve got a better rescue plan to share with you.

 

Psalm 91:14-16

 

“The Lord says , ‘I will rescue those who love me.  I will protect those who trust in my name.  When they call on me , I will answer; I will be with them in trouble.  I will rescue and honor them.  I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.’”

 

Psalm 3:3-4 

 

“But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.  I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from His holy mountain.”  

 

Psalm 18:19

 

“He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.”

 

These verses reminded me of the song Right Place by Petra 

 

“When you’re sinking fast- taking water in your boat 

No one to bail you out- you think it’s all she wrote

 The odds are against you- your chances slim to none

A hopeless situation- you’ve got no place to run

 

No one has a rescue plan 

Waiting in the wings

Now’s the time to call His name

He can do all things

When your self-reliance fails

You still have a prayer 

You will have to trust his grace

 

When you abide, he will provide 

Never shorthanded 

When you will pray, he’ll make a way

He won’t leave you stranded.”  

 

 

 

 

Right place by Petra 

Rescue me by Geoff Moore and the Distance 

Amazing Grace by Darlene Zschech, Kari Jobe and Mandisa

What a Beautiful Name by Point of Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment