Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Mess

 

Mess

 

This is a more personal and harder to write blog and even harder to get myself to do as a video, but it needs to be shared.  

 

I’m a mess.  The guy you see writing these blogs and doing these videos he’s a mess.  I struggle with anger a lot. I often tell inanimate objects to focus and pay attention and quit falling. I heard a pastor one time say men get mad at things and women get mad at people.  I can very much relate.   There are nights like this past Wednesday night where I must stop and pray because I don’t get it right.  I must ask God to calm me down.  I was so upset the other night I was trying to workout to get rid of my frustration about a situation and I stopped in the middle of what I was doing and started praying for God to calm me down.  Been reading this book called Johnny Cash: the Redemption of an American Icon and Mr. Cash goes from one extreme to another and struggles.  He finally learns to seek God’s path.  Some days it’s not easy.  I’ll admit there are times I often relate to the Incredible Hulk.  I don’t like it.  I’m thankful God gives us so many chances at redemption.  Often, I will pray and quote this verse back to God for two reasons.  I need to remember God cares about me and I need to be reminded that when I have a problem, I can run to Him.  

 

1 Peter 5:8

 

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”

 

The battle for a Christian often is with your sinful nature and wanting to do what God says.  In the book of Romans in chapter 7:14-25 the apostle Paul talks at length about the good he wants to do he doesn’t do and the bad he doesn’t want to do he finds himself doing.  I don’t want to be an angry person and I struggle daily but I need to remember to seek God and get my focus off me and on Him.  The battle for our hearts and minds is mental and spiritual in nature.  Sometimes we must change what we are reading, watching, or listening to.  

 

Ephesians 6:12

 

“For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”

 

We need to put into practice these verses.  

 

Colossians 3:1-4

 

“Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of Heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor At God’s right hand.  Think about the things of Heaven, not the things of earth.  For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.  And when Christ, who is your life is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.”  

 

It requires discipline and I’m not there yet I’m still a work in progress.  

 

 

 

All will fade away by Meredith Andrews 

Warrior is a child by Twila Paris

Think twice by Petra

Jekyll and Hyde by Petra 

No comments:

Post a Comment