Monday, June 21, 2021

Legacy

 Legacy 


I have a friend named Jason who showed Marion and I something about a month ago and it was humbling to say the least.  See his wife Rebecca was responsible for the Batcave blog going online.  He showed me a folder of all the blog emails I had sent out.  He mentioned that it kinda shows specific times when I’m inspired to write and post something.  He’s read them too.  My dad has the same folder in his email.    It got me thinking a lot about the legacy we as people leave. I never claimed to be a good writer or blogger I simply share what God lays on my heart and pray that God uses it to glorify himself.  Now I’m sharing this thing as a video and I still don’t feel qualified to do any public speaking.  I fumble my words every week when I post things.  But God wants people who are willing.  
I was about to go to sleep Wednesday morning because I work nights and the new house we live in used to be my grandparents.  There’s a story I don’t often tell.  My Grandaddy passed away due to congestive heart failure a few years ago.  The day before he died my friend Ryan and I went to see him.  With absolute certainty when I walked out of that bedroom that day before he died I looked at Ryan when we got in the car and said “That’s the last time I’m going to see him alive.”  And it was.  But this Wednesday morning I was looking in the same corner where his hospital bed had been and I was thinking about him and how he had lived.  My Grandaddy was a man of God.  He left a legacy of love for others.  He’s a man who loved his kids and grandchildren.  He worked with a group of Baptist men called Hammer Slammers who helped build churches.  The love he showed and shared spoke volumes.

In Acts 13:22 it says this.  “But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart.  He will do everything I want him to do.’”  

I don’t know what your long term goal in life is but I want to be like my Grandaddy and like King David and be a man after God’s heart and I fail so often.  

People are watching you and I and looking at how we live and the legacy we leave.  I have said it multiple times if you come to this blog looking for the weird guy Zac you missed the point because I’m trying to point you to God.  My goal is to glorify God and I’m the least important part.  Leave a legacy of being a man or woman after God’s heart.  

Ephesians 5:1-2
“Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.  Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ.  He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.”

Romans 12:1-2
“And so, dear brothers and sisters I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you.  Let them be a living and holy sacrifice— the kind he will find acceptable.  This is truly the way to worship him.  Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God’s will for you which is good, pleasing and perfect.”  

Be a believer in deed.  






No comments:

Post a Comment