Saturday, October 31, 2020

Your Benefits Package

 

Your Benefits Package

 

            If you work for any company for any length of time you earn the ability to have insurance or what is called a benefits package.  The book of Proverbs is the wisdom benefits package passed down from King Solomon to his son and then to us.  So how do you get these benefits?  You come to God with a willingness to follow Him and be humble enough to admit you need to learn.  I’ve mentioned before on a G.I.Joe cartoon there was a conversation that went like this.  “Some of em never learn.”  “Nope, some of em never do.  It’s the ones we can help that get us out of bed in the morning.”  See with this blog thing I don’t know who reads or watches it.  I share what God shows me.  I pray for it to draw the person who participates closer to God and that he will give them hope.  If I can help one person I have accomplished what I set out to do.  See I know this to be true and this is part of why I keep doing this. 

 

Isaiah 55:8-11

            “’For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord.  ‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways.  And my thoughts than your thoughts.  For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater.  So will my word be which goes forth from my mouth; it will not return to me empty, without accomplishing what I desire.’” 

            So if you want your benefits package provided by King Solomon here it is because most of this is cause and effect. 

Proverbs 3:1-6

            “My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments; for the length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.  Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.  So you will find favor and good repute in the sight of God and man.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.” 

 

            We need wisdom we need power
And true love for each other
We have had so many big but empty words
So we come before Your face
Asking for Your grace
Bring Your people to a state of kingdom life
Restore Your church again

Touch Your people once again
With Your precious holy hand, we pray
Let Your kingdom shine upon this earth
Through a living glorious church
Not for temporary deeds
But to restore authority and power”

 

Touch your people by Steve Green

Much of you by Steven Curtis Chapman

For all the World by Sandi Patti

Trust in the Lord by Girls of Grace

Treasure Island by Steven Curtis Chapman

Exalt the Name by Sandi Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment