Sunday, May 17, 2020

Judgement choice

This blog will be very personal.  I have been both the victim and the guilty party.  

Ephesians 4:29

“Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.  

James chapter 2:1-6

“My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism.  For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes, and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, ‘You sit here in a good place,’ and you say to the poor man.  ‘You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool.”  Have you not made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil motives?  Listen my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which he promised to those who love him?  But you have dishonored the poor man.  Is it not the rich who oppress you and personally drag you into court?

1 Samuel 16:7

“But the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature because I have rejected him; for God sees not as a man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.’”

I spent 13 years at a call center and was judged often for what I wore and the things I liked.  Because I am a wrestling, comic book, cartoon character fan I was treated like I had some sort of mental illness.  I grew up with growth hormone deficiency and as a result one leg grew longer than the other I walk with a limp due to it.  I’m only five foot three.  At one point I was told by another kid “Why don’t you go stand in the corner and talk to yourself.”  I began to realize it was not really me that was the problem but other people’s preconceived notions of who and what I was supposed to be..

God looks at the heart not the apparel or shade of melanin(Skin pigmentation's saved  you from googling).  How do you judge the people you meet and choose who you interact with because everyone you meet is a person Christ Jesus died for and they need him whether they will admit it or not.  We are to reach them with God’s love. Be careful how you judge people and what you say to them.  We need to change the way we do things.  It’s been said “God doesn’t waste a hurt.  If I can use mine to help someone else I will.  

If someone has ever spoken Ill of you and hurt you and you need to know your worth look at the cross of Christ and know that he died for you. If you want further homework read Psalm 18 and Psalm 139

Colossians 4:5

No comments:

Post a Comment