Sunday, December 16, 2018

Renew


I have a t-shirt that has the comic book hero Ghost Spider or aka Spider-Gwen and she is rummaging through a box of comics and it says “Can’t wait till Gwensday.”  See Wednesday is new comic book day however this blog is about other new stuff.  For  the Christian, God makes us new.  
God wants to renew us from the inside out.  He looks at our hearts first.  I read this cause and effect verse about renewing that got my attention.  Colossians 3:10 says this.  “Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your creator and become like him.”  This involves spending time in the Bible and singing and praising God.  It’s cause and effect in a lot of ways.  See today I left for work and I could have listened to any music on my MP3 player but I chose Christian music because I was about to start my job and a foul mood would accomplish nothing good.  I’ve gotta have the right mindset.  Colossians 3 is all about fixing your eyes on Jesus.  See I as a security guard try to make dealing with me as painless as possible and I try to be helpful.  If my mind is in the wrong place I can’t do that.  We need to be renewed and changed and sometimes that is a moment by moment battle.  But Paul gives us marching orders because we are at war in regards to what we think. 

Colossians 3:16-17
“Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives.  Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives.  Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.”

Fix your focus and be renewed!  

In this blog I try to provide scripture and music to fix your heart on God.  Maybe the music isn’t always your favorite but I try.  We are called to sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.  I once asked my wife if I was adding too much music and being the wise woman she is she told me “You just leave links to it and it’s up to the reader whether they click on it or not.”  She’s right I can’t make you read the blog or listen to anything it’s all your choice.  That being said though I hope you invest the time and draw closer to God.  






No comments:

Post a Comment