Sunday, October 14, 2018

Each Day



Each day

Psalm 42 starts out a bit depressing and it’s a Psalm of the descendants of Korath and it says it’s for the choir director.  Part of the psalm sounds like the basis of the old hymn Count your blessings.  Maybe you’re having a rough day or week but the author gives us some stuff to latch on to.  Verses 5-6 and then 11 are just what you need to change your perspective.  They say the same thing.   “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again— my Savior and my God.”  98% of the battle of the mind is what you focus on.  Like every good Psa from G.I.Joe cartoons “and knowing is half the battle.”  The other 2% is refocusing.  Then if you read the chapter I want you to look specifically at verse 8 because this is where you can say mic drop and walk away.  Once you’re refocused you realize what a reality this verse is. 

“But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me,  and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.”  



Overflow by Shine like stars   If you have never heard this song you seriously need to pay attention to the lyrics because it reminds you that everything comes from God.





Heard a song this week new to me I’m including just because of how good it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment