Sunday, July 15, 2018

Forecast

Forecast

So a little behind the scenes are in order.  There’s a part on the DC Talk CD called Welcome to the Freak Show where the guys are introducing the song In The Light.  “We thought we had the perfect introduction for this song but to put it quite bluntly God came up with a better one.”  See I thought I had the right blog for this week but God has been trying to hammer a lesson into me for about a week or more.  Almost everything you get from this blog is my journey with God and it is raw and honest.  Like singer Anna Nalick said “Cause these words are my diary screaming out loud And I know that you’ll use them however you want to.”  If God can use me to help others that’s all that I want.  I’ve had about a week that has felt more like a month.  We’ve all had them my details don’t much matter.  I keep coming back to a few things during all of it.  I titled this blog Forecast because it’s a pun really.  See I gave all this before talking about the word “Cast”.   

There is a song readers of the blog have seen me post often by Hillsong called O, Praise the Name.  I keep coming back to the first line.  After things in my life keep going Kaboom there is the line from the song again.  

“I cast my mind to Calvary where Jesus bled and died for me.  I see his wounds, his hands, his feet.  My Savior on that cursed tree.”  

Then I keep coming to this one verse I memorized as a child.  
Psalms 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it.”  

My friend David Moody shares these thoughts on Facebook and one day he posted that verse.  He made a point that just because things around you may seem bad it is still the day the Lord has made.  No matter how bad it seems God still made that day you’re living in.  Wednesday night as I was driving home from work I got this drilled home even more like getting a double armed DDT from Mick Foley (a very painful looking wrestling move for those that may not know).  My MP3 player started playing the old hymn “Count your blessings name them one by one Count your many blessings see what the Lord has done.”  It’s been a week that has felt like a month but sometimes you need to “Cast your mind to Calvary.”  







No comments:

Post a Comment