Friday, October 16, 2015

Are you willing

Have you ever doubted God's ability to use you to do something?  In the song God is Faithful by Shelia Walsh it contains these words.  "We will never be worthy of his healing but all he asks of you is that you will be willing."  In Isaiah we read this.  Then I heard the Lord asking "Whom should I send as a messenger to these people?  Who will go for us?"  I said "Here I am. Send me."  I never planned on teaching a bible study online.  Roughly 5 years later I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing.  It got me thinking about the disciples.  Twelve simple men.  Most fishermen, a tax collector but really ordinary people no training in preaching really.  But God used them to turn the world upside down.  In 1 Samuel 13:22 we find something that seems obscure.  Israel is at war with the Philistines who have kept them from having blacksmiths for fear the people of Israel would make weapons and revolt.  "So on the day of the battle none of the people of Israel had a sword or spear, except for Saul and Jonathan."  The people of Israel are grabbing anything to use as a weapon.  So Jonathan goes on a mission on his own and tells no one.  Just him and his armor bearer.  "Let's go across to the outpost of those pagans,"  Jonathan told his armor bearer "Perhaps the Lord will help us."  Watch Jonathan's faith here because this is awesome.  "For nothing can hinder the Lord.  He can win a battle whether he has many warriors or only a few!"  This duo goes on to lay waste to twenty people wile the king and his army sit under the trees.  Then an earthquake happened.  God used these two men who were willing to get up and be men.  Twenty to two odds.  I can already hear Han Solo saying "Never tell me the odds."  Philippians 4:13 "For I can do everything through Christ who give me strength."  When you surrender and are willing to be used by God he can and will use you.  I believe this to be what we call in the pro-wrestling business your go home line.  "In all of our weakness, He becomes so strong when He gives us the power and strength to carry on."  








 

No comments:

Post a Comment