Thursday, May 14, 2015

You need a reminder

Sometimes you and I need a history lesson.  I found the lyrics to a song that I believe will help set this all up for you.  This is from the song Reminders of You by Geoff Moore and the Distance.  

"A cross on a chain, or a thunder cloud rolling
A Bible in a hotel room, or lights on an evergreen
tombstones on the hillside, or a little child laughing
Just to name a few reminders of you
you abide in me, my hope my Lord 
and I will not forget your name
please keep sending me reminders of you
A table set for twelve, or a northern star shining
A lazy Sunday afternoon, or a cool mountain stream
A piece of bread with a red wine 
A December snow falling
Just to name a few reminders of you."

Lately my life has been crazy and that is one of the biggest understatements I could ever make.  My friend David claims that the vulnerability I put into this blog is the very thing God uses to teach him.  I'm going to be very raw open and honest.  The job I have done for 13 years will close it's doors later this year.  I don't know what the future holds.  I will admit this has created a spiritual battle in my thoughts.  I want to worry, fret and be stressed out.  My mom reminded  me this week that how I think and react affects Marion.  It's a struggle.  Satan has been trying to attack my biggest weak spot and that is to make me believe I'm a failure.  I have often tried to sleep and place my thoughts and stress in God's hands or I won't be able to think right or sleep.  On top of all this I have developed a swollen and infected foot.  I like you need reminders of who God is and what has been done for us.  Before we get to the verses i have for you i want to offer up 2 quotes told to me by friends over the years.  "I am not but i know I am"- Kathy Dickinson  "Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and there was no one there."- Rhonda Sliger 

Hebrews 2: 14-18 "Because God's children are human beings- made of flesh and blood- the Son also became flesh and blood.  For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.  Only in this way could he set free all who lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.  We also know that the Son did not come to help angels; he came to help the descendants of Abraham.  Therefore it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful high priest before God.  Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people.  Since He himself has gone through suffering and testing he is able to help us when we are being tested."  
Our Savior can relate to our struggles.  


No comments:

Post a Comment