Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ephesian 6:5-9

Last week was very rough for me.  I had a meeting at work and I was accused of something that I came to find out never really happened.  to be lied about in such a manner really got to me for days.  Apparently last Sunday's service and this bible study were meant for me and maybe you need it as well.  The Sunday before I went to the meeting Pastor Micah said "You need to worship God especially when you're depressed."  That is something I have been dealing with lately.  When you're upset and depressed that's the last thing we want to do but it's the best step to recovery.  While slavery is not prevalent in America like it used to be we still have masters or employers so these verses are for you and me. 

5.  "Slaves obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear.  Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ."  Do your best no matter what. 
6.  "Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you.  As slaves of Christ do the will of God with all your heart."  If you have done your best at your job it doesn't matter what other people think because God knows what you did.  it's also very good work ethic to do your best all the time.  As a person part of my problem is I'm so passionate about doing my job right that I get frustrated when it doesn't work out right. 
7.  "Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than people."  People pleasing is tiring but God pleasing is rewarding.  Personally I have a hard time with being enthusiastic about work. 
8. "Remember that the Lord will reward each one of us for the good we do, whether we are slaves or free."  If someone at the workplace says something ill of you when you are doing good God sees the good you're doing and he is going to reward you in his perfect time. 
9.  "Masters treat your slaves in the same way.  Don't threaten them; remember, you both have the same master in heaven and he has no favorites."  Employers treat those under you well.  if you treat your emploees badly they aren't going to want to help you. 


If you're having a bad day this songs will fix your heart. 

My heart is set on you by Point of Grace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm7pVOeb63I

Salvation is here by Lincoln Brewster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiL6xqmMQoc    

Do everything by Steven Curtis Chapman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVTeIMursb8 

No comments:

Post a Comment