Saturday, May 18, 2013

Psalms 119:129-144

  I learned something recently and being a husband I'm probably not going to be done learning for a long time nor do I want to.  I admit I had to learn the hard way.  My wife and I were going to Rudy's bbq and we had just parked when I got asked to do something I can't stand.  So I found myself at Lowe's in the gardening section I was mentally having to tell myself not to be mad.  It finally hit me.  This is something my wife enjoys.  The closer you get to someone in a relationship the more you understand them.  The bible is full of relationships of people who have drawn closer to the King of Kings and when you do like a husband and wife you're changed.  There's millions of examples from Adam to Moses, to Abraham to David.  In these verses I noticed the psalmist be changed. 
 
129.  When we draw close to God's word we do see it as being wonderful.
130.  "The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand."  My dad has a saying about teaching the bible.  "You put the cookies on the bottom shelf."  What this means is make it where anyone can understand.  It might seem wrong  saying this but Bible study for dummies.  I don't think it's wrong though because God wants us to learn.  
131-134.  God's word creates a longing.  It's a display of his mercy and a shield from evil.
135.  "Look upon me with love; teach me your decrees."  This is a prayer.  Need an example of God looking on us in love look to a cross and an empty tomb.  He did that for me and you because of love.
136.  "Rivers of tears gush from my eyes because people disobey your instructions."  I wrote a story recently and I ended part of it with this statement I had told a friend once.  "When you experience God's glory it breaks your heart to hear people use God's name in vain."  I get what the psalmist is saying here.
137-140.  God's word is right and trustworthy and has been proven repeatedly.
141.  "I am insignificant and despised, but I don't forget your commandments."  in other words "Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me".  
142-144.  To paraphrase a little here from the Blue Lanterns.  Look to God's word and commands for "Hope burns bright."     
 
 
The bible is our source for God's commands and Words.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouTgX9hcwk4 Ancient Words by Michael W. Smith.  This should be a Christian's goal to have God Draw you nearer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA9V1JzM0p0 Draw me nearer by Caedmon's Call   I said Hope burns bright well here's Hope set High by Amy Grant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asL6V-xCu-4  This is Amazing Grace by Sandi Patti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JriA3vjaZz4

No comments:

Post a Comment